:: Driving Written Practice Test -1::
:Correct Answer Results are in Bold RED:
Always read NJMVC Driver's manual .....
1. If you have a blow out, you should:
Speed up Continue driving normally
Slow down gradually Break instantly
2. What is the proper distance when parallel parking?
35 feet 25 feet
22 feet 20 feet
3. You may drive on public or private property to avoid a traffic sign or signal if:
Only the driver stops the vehicle before crossing the sidewalk
Only with permission of the property owner
When directed to do so by a police officer
4. When driving a motor vehicle you are required to have your driver's license and your:
Title to the vehicle and registration Registration and insurance card
Insurance identification card and certificate of ownership Tile to the vehicle and insurance card
5. Road surfaces are slipperiest:
During very hot, humid weather After a very heavy rainfall
During very cold dry weather During the first few minutes of rainfall
6. In city driving a good habit is to;
Use the 2-second rule Look 12 seconds ahead
Reduce speed and use the horn Practice good judgment
7. A person who holds a probationary driver license is subject to:
An advisory notice upon being convicted of their first moving violation
Mandatory attendance at a driver education program in lieu of suspension for a second violation resulting in four or more points
Any violation after attending school will result in suspension
All of the above
8. What lights should you use during fog?
Low beams High beams
No lights Hazard lights
9. Hydroplaning is a driving condition wherein tires lose traction on a wet rood and float on a layer of water or slush. When this happens, you should:
Push the brake pedal down hard Increase speed
Slow down Change lanes
10. Whether your blood alcohol content rises above legal limits depends on:
Amount you drink Your weight
Time you take drink All of the above
11. Persons under 21 years of age (the legal drinking age) are considered under the influence of (DUI) when their BAC is:
0.1 All of the above
12. Implied consent law means:
You must have liability insurance Permission for another to move your car in emergencies
You sign an agreement to give bond A driver agrees to take a breath test for blood alcohol content
13. After you drive through a deep puddle of water, you should:
Pump your brakes to test them Race your engine to dry it out
Apply your brakes hard to test them Speed up to dry your tires
14. In New Jersey, you must be at least how old to register a motor vehicle?
15. High beam lights are used for:
Open country driving Signing emergencies
Foggy weather City streets without lamps
16. The shape of a stop sign is:
Eight sided Diamond
17. What is the speed limit in a business district in New Jersey?
35 m.p.h. 20 m.p.h.
25 m.p.h. 30 m.p.h.
18. If a student fails the driving test for the first time, how long must he wait before he can take it again?
5 days 7 days
At least 14 days 30 days
19. Before turning, you must signal at least:
100 feet in advance 1 block
500 feet in advance 100 yards
20. When making a left turn from a two-way street you should get into the:
Right lane or the lane farthest from the center lane Left lane nearest to the left curb
Lane nearest to the center of the roadway Right land or the lane nearest to the right curb
21. What is the best way to reduce your chances of having an alcohol related accident?
Do not drink and drive Drive with friends
Drive slowly Drive as you normally would
22. How much time do you have to notify DMV of or address change?
One week 2 weeks
1 month You don't have to notify them
23. As you drive, you must turn your headlights on when:
You turn your wipers on One-half hour after sunset
One-half hour before sunrise All of the above
24. If two cars begin to enter an uncontrolled intersection at the same time:
The driver to the right must yield to the driver on the left
The driver to the left must yield to the driver on the right
The driver entering the intersection must yield
The driver going straight through goes first
25. When it is legal to make a right turn on red, you must:
Turn before the light turns green
Stop and wait until the light turns green
Signal for right-turn and make turn without looking
Make a full stop and check traffic
26. You are under the influence of alcohol if your BAC has reached:
0.05% None of the above
27. If you have had a license for over two years, you will get a notice of license suspension if you have how many points on your license?
6 points 9 points
12 points 3 points
28. A flashing yellow light means:
Stop Slow down
Stop and proceed with caution Speed up
29. The shape of a stop sign is:
Eight sided Diamond
30. When a school bus has stopped directly in front of a school to pick up or let off children, you may pass from either direction at a speed of no more than:
10 m.p.h. 15 m.p.h.
20 m.p.h. 25 m.p.h.
| NJMVC | home | Driver's manual | Test -2 |
If you have vision to drive, call vision driving school 1(866)9VISION
Vision Driving School - www.visiondrivingschool.com 1(866) 9 VISION emergency contact (732) 688-7841